That said, let's take a look at what happened and what we saw.
1. We gave out almost every single free comic book from the day! We have had some left over books from last year, so we put them out and they all went as well. We show many new faces as well as some new to the store faces, so it was a huge success for us.
2. Chris Batista was great! He was signing and doing custom drawings for people in the store. He was also very social and was talking to everyone. He is a great guy who I think would be fantastic to invite again sometime.
3. Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper? We had a Stormtrooper from the 501st out of NYC. He was walking around the store (and even in the plaza... UPS wanted to "beam" a package to the Death Star... what is beaming???). He was fantastic with the kids and got many people excited to hang out for the day.
4. We also had a local artist and writer who are working on their own comic. They had copies of their book and they would sign it for people who stopped in. They ran out quickly, but Chris Batista I know got one... so hopefully for them they get noticed. Good luck Zach and Greg with the comic book!
5. We had a fund raised for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF), and we were able to raise money to make a donation to this worth cause. Working with the Stormtrooper from the 501st and the great reusable totes for Free Comic Book Day, we were able to raise a nice amount of money to donate. It is a nice feeling to have such a successful day and also raise money for a worthy charity!